As you will be aware, the Covid-19 restrictions have now been relaxed by the Government meaning boxing gyms can re-open, However, this does not mean that training will be the same as it was before the lockdown. To ensure the safety of gym users (as well as the wider community) a number of measures have been put into place by England Boxing and Slough ABC to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. These measures include:
- A deep clean of the gym to ensure it is sanitised and safe for your use before re-opening.
- A hand sanitising station has been placed at the door for your use on entry to and exit from the gym (this MUST be used on each entry and exit – there will be no exceptions).
- Cleaning spray and hand roll will be available for gym users to clean equipment as they go.
- All bins will be emptied after every session.
- Training numbers will be limited to ensure social distancing.
- The gym has been sectioned off into 4 quarters. Boxers will be allocated a corner of the gym on arrival and will only train with other boxers in their bubble.
- Wherever possible (weather and training schedule permitting) we will train outside.
- Training routines will be used to ensure we vary our training as much as possible (see below).
We are sure that with the implementation of the above measures and your cooperation we will be able to safely continue to do what we all love.
England Boxing has prohibited pad work, sparring, any activity that breaches a 2-metre distancing rule (still in place for gyms) and all competition and skills bouts. We are, however, confident we can deliver a varied, fun, challenging and competitive training environment that we will all enjoy and keep us fighting fit and fight ready. To enable us to achieve this goal we have designed a number of training routines that will be used on a rotating basis.
Finally, please do not attend the gym if you, or anyone you have come into contact with is displaying coronavirus like symptoms or has been diagnosed as suffering with coronavirus.
We thank you all in advance of your cooperation in keeping the gym clean and safe as well as for your understanding.
See you on 11th Aug!
Yours in Boxing,
Chris, Ski, Anwar & Delia
Slough ABC Team